Fourth of July Creek to Icicle Ridge
May 13, 2011
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Fourth of July Creek to Icicle Ridge
- Region: Central Cascades -- Leavenworth Area
- Agency: Okanogan-Wenatchee Natiomal Forest, Wenatchee River Ranger District, Leavenworth
- Trails: Icicle Ridge (#1570)
- Avg Rating: 2.75
- Why You Should Go Now
- Wildflowers blooming
We also had to stop for Blue grouse, chipmunks, Douglas squirrels, fence lizards and a skink, besides an Anise swallowtail, a Mourning Cloak, myriad blues and a sulfur butterfly. The wildflowers were legion, my favorites being the fairy slipper and the red-anthered (eastern form) Glacier lilies.
From this lookout point, we doubled our trip along the ridge towards 4th of July Creek, before heading back out to our afternoon Anjou bakery treats. Ahh...bliss.