Tonga Ridge / Mount Sawyer
Sep 01, 2011
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Tonga Ridge / Mount Sawyer
- Region: Central Cascades -- Stevens Pass - West
- Agency: Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, Skykomish Ranger District
- Trails: Tonga Ridge (#1058)
- Avg Rating: 3.44
- Hiking Companions
- Hiked with kids
- Why You Should Go Now
- Wildflowers blooming
- Be Aware Of
There were a few blowdowns on the path that were easily avoidable. Trail conditions were good. A bit narrow at points so watch your step especially if you are hiking with children.
Views were magnificent almost the entire way. Wildflowers were in bloom and the bees were abundant.
I read about the bug issues in past reports but we had no trouble while we were there.
Read my entire review at