Otter and Big Creek Falls - Taylor River
Sep 10, 2011
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Otter and Big Creek Falls - Taylor River
- Region: Snoqualmie Pass -- North Bend Area
- Agency: Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, Snoqualmie Ranger District
- Trails: Taylor River (#1002)
- Avg Rating: 4.06
- Why You Should Go Now
- Ripe berries
- Be Aware Of
After hiking up this trail for several miles we figured out that we were not on the correct trail. I am still not sure whether we were on Rooster Mountain trail or Quartz Creek.
After descending and returning to our starting point, I noticed that someone had faintly carved "Otter Falls" onto the signage for Snoqualmie Lake. I will return at a later date to hike the correct trail, but be aware that in neither guide book I read was it mentioned to take the Snoqualmie Lake trail to access Otter/ Big Creek Falls.