Bullion Basin Snowshoe
Dec 31, 2011
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Bullion Basin Snowshoe
- Region: South Cascades -- Chinook Pass - Enumclaw or Hwy 410 area
- Agency: Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Snoqualmie Ranger District
- Trails: Bullion Basin (#1156)
- Avg Rating: 4.50
- Be Aware Of
- Snow on trail
As for the hike, it took us about two hours to hike up (the long way - we hiked up the gold hills run on accident) and an hour to get down. The views over the ski area are awesome, especially today when lots A-E were all full! Seeing the teeming masses across the valley while we walked in relative solitude was refreshing. At times, skiers/snowboarders come around a corner pretty fast - so stay on your toes when approaching a blind corner!
We topped out at about 5700' and can't wait to come back in the summer and see what the meadow looks like. It was beautiful in the snow, but probably more so when blanketed with wildflowers!