Dingford Creek-Hester Lake
May 13, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Dingford Creek-Hester Lake
- Region: Snoqualmie Pass -- North Bend Area
- Agency: Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Snoqualmie Ranger District, North Bend office
- Trails: Dingford Creek (#1005)
- Avg Rating: 3.50
- Hiking Companions
- Hiked with a dog
- Be Aware Of
- Snow on trail
It's pretty early season for this trail. Snow pretty much constantly about 1 mile into the trail. It makes the trail really hard to follow unless you can find previous footsteps. We lost the trail once of twice and had to search around to pick it back up again.
Snow gets deeper about 3 miles in, right before the turn off for Hester Lake. We had to turn around at that time (so did the three other parties we met durin the day - no one made it farther than that as far as we know). It was probably possible to continue, but very slow going and not many footsteps to follow.