Talapus and Olallie Lakes
Jun 03, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Talapus and Olallie Lakes
- Region: Snoqualmie Pass -- Snoqualmie Pass
- Agency: Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Trails: Talapus Lake (#1039)
- Avg Rating: 3.52
- Be Aware Of
- Water on trail
- Snow on trail
The trail is clear and in good shape. We encountered snow on the trail at elevation 3200 feet near the fast flowing creek. The snow is about 8” to 3’ deep but is hard pack and easy to walk on. We did not use our Yak Trax, even though we brought them. Hiking is the snow and watching out for the snow bridges over the small creeks made for an extra fun hike.
Talapus Lake is about 80% covered in thin ice. We did not go past Talapus Lake.