South Coldwater Trail
Jun 11, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: South Coldwater Trail
- Region: South Cascades -- Mt. St. Helens
- Agency: USFS Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument
- Trails: South Coldwater Trail (#230A)
- Avg Rating: 3.40
- Why You Should Go Now
- Wildflowers blooming
- Be Aware Of
- Snow on trail
As usual there were multiple elk signs, but no sightings today. The small Western Toads were plentiful. The first snow on the trail was encountered at about 3,875 feet, about 2.4 miles from the trail head. At that point a large, and very steep snow bank blocked the trail. Since the snow had not yet softened, I choose not to proceed.
I normally see very few hikers on this trail and today was no exception. Today it was just me and the toads.