Talapus and Olallie Lakes
Jul 14, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Talapus and Olallie Lakes
- Region: Snoqualmie Pass -- Snoqualmie Pass
- Agency: Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Trails: Talapus Lake (#1039)
- Avg Rating: 3.52
- Hiking Companions
- Hiked with kids
- Be Aware Of
There were a number of hikers clustered on and around the log jam that forms at the south end of the lake. We found room to sit and eat lunch while watching one teenager practice his log-rolling skills and two others crossing the lake on a make-shift raft "Huck Finn" style.
We made our way back to the car mid-afternoon and stopped for treats at the Tasty Freeze in North Bend. It was another great day in the hills!