East Fork Foss - Necklace Valley, Ilswoot Lake
Jul 21, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: East Fork Foss - Necklace Valley
- Region: Central Cascades -- Stevens Pass - West
- Agency: Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest, Skykomish Ranger District
- Trails: Necklace Valley (#1062)
- Avg Rating: 3.12
- Be Aware Of
- Water on trail
- Snow on trail
There was pretty much just one melted out spot at Jade Lake and several groups looking for a spot to camp. If you're planning on heading out here soon, you may need to hike further on to Emerald or Opal to get a spot. I did check out Ilswoot Lake and it looks like there would be some places to camp there and it's very close by. And it's super beautiful.
There are a few bugs, but nothing terrible. I did have to use some bug spray. There is snow to cross going around the east side of Jade Lake. Some of it was kind of sketchy to cross and I did get my feet a little wet in the lake.
One other thing, I think the photo on hiking guide may be of Jade Lake near Deception Pass and not the one in Necklace Valley.