Lake Dorothy - Lake Bear - Lake Deer
Jul 28, 2012
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Lake Dorothy - Lake Bear - Lake Deer
- Region: Central Cascades -- Stevens Pass - West
- Agency: Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, Skykomish Ranger District
- Trails: Dorothy Lake (#1072)
- Avg Rating: 3.72
- Hiking Companions
- Hiked with a dog
- Why You Should Go Now
- Wildflowers blooming
I did this as a day hike, scouting the trail for campsites for future trips. By the time I got there on Saturday, many of the sites were already full. Most of the sites along Lake Dorothy I saw are small, only big enough for 1 or 2 2-person tents, though there are a couple bigger sites (occupied by a large family and a Boy Scout Troop). Bear Lake was much less populated by campers and was a lot quieter (there were some guys yelling across Lake Dorothy, pretending to be Sasquatch I think!).
This is a pleasant hike. The Bunchberry, Tiger Lillies, and Fireweed were in bloom and the ferns are prolific and of various species. The lake is clear and refreshing, with lots of places to wade in (though the bottom gets squishy!).