Wallace Lake - Greg Ball Trail
Mar 07, 2013
- Type of Outing
- Day hike
- Read More in our Hiking Guide
- Hike: Wallace Lake - Greg Ball Trail
- Region: Central Cascades -- Stevens Pass - West
- Agency: Wallace Falls State Park
- Trails: Greg Ball Trail (#)
- Avg Rating: 3.86
The falls are raging, the mosses thickly draping the branches in eerie green, the duff underfoot was mostly soft. It rained much of the day but started to clear and shine through the trees as we departed.
The trail is snow free up to the DNR road and then free again as the trail veers off to the left and towards the lake. The lake's edges are mostly snow covered so were not so inviting on a rainy afternoon. A few signs of early spring were here and there. A little bit wet but overall in great shape.