Hike-a-Thon is an opportunity to support the trails you love, while you hike. Hikers share stories about their outdoor adventures and collect donations for WTA through personalized web pages.
Often, community organizations, affinity groups and companies come together to form fundraising teams that work towards a shared goal. Participants will hike and spend time outdoors raising funds for WTA and competing to win great prizes.
Why be on a team?
Being a part of a team is one way to connect with fellow Hike-a-Thoners. Together, you can plan your hikes and strategize about who and how to ask to contribute to your individual pages. As we continue to practice physical distancing, getting a group of friends together to participate in Hike-a-Thon is one way you can share an experience with many friends, while still staying physically apart.
How to Create a Team
- Please sign up as an individual first. After you've registered as an individual, return to the registration page and click on 'become a fundraiser'
- Then, click "join a team" to join an already existing team or "create a team" to create a new team!
- Teams are made up of two to ten members. If you’re creating your own team and feeling creative, you can come up with a fun team name!
For tips on how to build and run a successful fundraising webpage, visit the Hike-a-Thon toolkit.
Can my team win prizes?
Yes! Teams compete for their own separate categories of prizes. Individuals who participate on teams also separately compete for the individual prize categories.
The categories available for team prizes are:
- Most Funds Raised
- Most Funds Raised for a Company Team
- Highest # of donors to a team
- Most Team Miles Hiked
- Most Team Miles Hiked for a Family Team
In mid-July, we will announce what prizes each one of these categories will win!
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY TEAM USING OUR TEAM WEbPAGE?
You can easily manage your team when you are logged in to your team webpage. Simply click on the "Manage" button. Then, you can:
- Customize your team page (we suggest adding a story about how you all got connected!)
- See donations your team has received
- Find templates for recruiting new teammates, asking for donations and thanking donors
- Track the progress of individual team members and easily gather team members email addresses for team-wide communications
- Edit team details