Ninety percent of Washington residents use trails, and legislators need to know. On Hiker Rally Day, we’ll help you share how important trails are to you and everyone in Washington. You don’t need to be an expert in public lands policy – anyone can be an advocate.
We hope you'll join us on March 14, 2023 for Hiker Rally Day online! We'll provide everything you need to be an effective advocate, whether you are a first-time or long-time participant. You will have a chance to:
- Learn how to engage legislators with WTA’s lobbyist and director of advocacy, Andrea Imler
- Learn about current state priorities for trails during our issue briefing
- Connect with other hikers in your legislative district
- Meet with your legislators to discuss the importance of trails
What to expect on March 14th
- Hiker Rally Day event kickoff and keynote - 9:30am to 11:00am
- Meet with your legislators - between 11:00am and 4:00pm, Hiker Rally Day attendees have up to three 15-minute meetings with legislators during this time, so there will be down time in between meetings
- Legislator meetings debrief in Hiker Basecamp - 11:00am to 4:00pm, stop by WTA's virtual Hiker Basecamp on Zoom at any time to tell us how your meetings went
To register for this virtual day of action, sign up below.