Ninety percent of Washington residents use trails, and legislators need to know. On Hiker Rally Day, we’ll help you share how important trails are to you and everyone in Washington. You don’t need to be an expert in public lands policy – anyone can be an advocate. Questions about participating? View these FAQs.
We hope you'll join us on March 14, 2023 for Hiker Rally Day online! We'll provide everything you need to be an effective advocate, whether you are a first-time or long-time participant. You will have a chance to:
- Learn how to engage legislators with WTA’s lobbyist and director of advocacy, Andrea Imler
- Learn about current state priorities for trails during our issue briefing
- Connect with other hikers in your legislative district
- Meet with your legislators to discuss the importance of trails
What to expect on March 14
- Hiker Rally Day event kickoff and keynote — 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Meet with your legislators — between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
You’ll have up to three 15-minute meetings during this time (with free time in between)
- Debrief your meetings with fellow participants and WTA staff in our virtual Hiker Basecamp —11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To register for this virtual day of action, sign up below.