Everyone loves WTA's Hike-a-Thon prizes -- and there are so many different ways to win!
Make your miles count by counting your miles and pledges. Whether you're a thru-hiker or a family with little ones in tow, raise money as an individual or on a team, you'll earn awesome prizes from our generous event sponsors. Check out the categories and the prizes below.
Cumulative Fundraising Categories
- Raise $5,000+
- Raise $3,000-$4,999
- Raise $2,000-$2,999
- Raise $1,000-$1,999
- Raise $500-$999
- Raise $250-$499
- Raise $50-$249
Individual Grand Prizes
- Most Money Raised (1st, 2nd, and New to Hike-a-Thon)
- Most Donors (1st and 2nd)
- Most Miles Hiked (1st, 2nd, , New to Hike-a-Thon, Trail Runner, Thru Hiker, 13-18 and <13, Accessible Hikers, Hikers Experiencing Disabilities)
- Most Elevation Gained (1st and 2nd)
- Most Trip Reports
- Most Underreported Trails Trip Reports
- Most WTA Work Parties
- Most Miles by 4-legged Friend
- Photo Contest
Team Grand Prizes
- Most Team Fundraising (1st & 2nd prizes)
- Most Team Miles Hiked (1st & 2nd prizes)
- Most Team Miles Hiked (Family category)
Rules for Prize Eligibility
To be eligible for grand prizes and special awards, Hike-a-Thon individual participants must raise a minimum of $250 and teams must raise a minimum of $750. No single individual Hike-a-Thon participant or single Hike-a-Thon team consisting of 2-6 participants can win more than one grand prize.
WTA staff, board members and immediate family members living in the same household are not eligible for individual grand prizes or individual special awards, but may win cumulative fundraising prizes.
2019 Hike-a-Thon Sponsors
A wide variety of local and national companies sponsor Hike-a-Thon with in-kind gear contributions and cash sponsorships. We couldn't do this without them!