Recipe by Sarah Kirkconnell. www.trailcooking.com
About 2-3 servings
PREP TIME / COOK TIME
5 minutes / 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup diced pistachios
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
Bring the broth and onion to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the couscous. Take off the heat, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork into a large bowl; toss with rinsed chickpeas.
Whisk the dressing ingredients (vinegar through dried basil) in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Let chill overnight.
Before heading out, stir in the pistachios and then pack into lightweight sandwich containers with tight-fitting lids.