Design a Logo for WTA and Win!
Washington Trails' trail maintenance 20th anniversary logo contest. Enter to win an REI gift card or Kelty Grand Mesa 2 backpacking tent!
This year, WTA's trail maintenance program celebrates its 20th anniversary! We'll be celebrating all year long with articles, features, history and fun facts in both Washington Trails magazine and on wta.org. To kick off the anniversary, we're in need of a logo to put on posters and promotions. And in the spirit of the trail maintenance program itself, we're turning to our faithful volunteers—that's you!
And because we appreciate our volunteers, the creator of the winning logo will get to choose between a $100 REI gift card or a Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking Tent*!
Build Our Logo!
Logo designs should reflect the spirit and purpose of WTA's trail maintenance program, and represent WTA as a leader in foot-powered outdoor recreation and trail and environmental advocacy in Washington state and the greater Northwest. The main "message" or theme of the logo should indicate the 20th anniversary of the trail maintenance program. Logos should also:
- Include "20" or "20th Anniversary," "Washington Trails Association" or "WTA," and "Trail Maintenance."
- Utilize natural and rugged, yet clean, use of elements, styles and colors.
- Not be overly flashy or complex in design, but convey a clear, concise "message."
- Can include iconic graphics representing trail maintenance, i.e. hard hats, trail tools, etc.
- Have the ability to be used in both full color (RGB/CMYK) and black & white.
- Created in editable, scalable vector art using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator (AI, EPS, PSD).
Win a Prize!
The deadline for entry is February 6, 2013. Submit your logo designs to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name, address and telephone number.
All design entries will be entered for consideration. The winning design will be selected on or about February 8, 2013, in time to be included in the March-April Washington Trails magazine. The winning designer will be notified shortly thereafter, and have their choice of a $100 REI Gift Card or a Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking Tent.*
Don't delay! The celebration begins next month, and we want you to be part of it. If you have any questions, would like additional information, or are interested in additional creative volunteer opportunities with WTA, please contact communications director Susan Elderkin at email@example.com.
*The Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking Tent offered has been previously used by the Washington Trails gear team. It is complete, and still in like-new condition.