Keep Hiking News from Getting Lost in Your New Gmail Inbox
If you use Gmail, the new inbox tabs may mean you're missing hiking and volunteering information from WTA. If your love of hiking and the outdoors is primary to your life, then take these two simple steps to make it primary to your Gmail inbox, too.
If you are a Gmail user, you may have noticed some recent changes in the way your inbox works—with new tabs like "Primary," "Promotions," and "Updates." (If you haven't seen the changes yet, you can turn them on manually or just wait for the eventual update.)
Whether you dig the new setup or not, one downside is that you may miss our monthly email newsletter, Trail News, important volunteering agendas, and advocacy alerts.
Usually, we want to get you away from your computer and into the mountains for some time on trail, but we know you rely on Washington Trails Association for hike ideas, advocacy and trail conditions around the state.
So, take these two simple steps to keep your hiking inspiration coming straight to your inbox.
1. Keep an eye out for emails from us
Because real people (not robots!) send emails here at Washington Trails Association, your WTA emails may come from a number of people, and they may show up in a couple of different tabs (we've seen them appear in both the "Promotions" and "Updates" tabs):
- Trail News newsletter from Susan Elderkin
- Hike-a-Thon and membership alerts from Kara Chin
- The Daubert Report and other important updates from Karen Daubert
- Families Go Hiking newsletter from Krista Dooley
- The Green Hat volunteer newsletter from Julie Cassata.
- Volunteer work party confirmation emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and possibly other crew leaders.
2. Drag your hiking news into the "Primary" tab
If your love of hiking and the outdoors is primary to your life, then make it primary to your inbox, too. If the new tabs organization works for you, that's cool. We don't want to mess with that.
But if you want to make sure that you don't miss the latest hiking feature (like Berry Picking Hikes in yesterday's Trail News), then follow the easy steps in the video below to drag WTA emails into your "Primary" tab, and to keep 'em coming there.
Or you can just turn off the tabs
NWMarmot on Aug 16, 2013 07:41 AM