Share Your Trail Work Memories
Share your experiences of volunteering on trail with WTA to help us celebrate the 20th anniversary of our trail maintenance department!
Whether you've volunteered on trail one day, ten days or 1,000 days, we want to hear about your experience. This year marks the 20th anniversary of WTA's trail maintenance program. To celebrate this milestone, we want to hear from you, the volunteers who have done all the work to keep this program running.
For the chance to win a special 20th anniversary t-shirt and be featured in the Washington Trails magazine, submit your photos and memories of working on trails with WTA. Please share your reflections (less than 150 words) or favorite photos with us by August 2.
In the mean time, here are some questions to get you thinking about your experience as a volunteer:
- Do you remember your first work party? Tell us about it.
- What is your favorite trail that you've worked on?
- What kind of trail work do you like most and why do you like doing it?
- What sorts of people have you met on WTA work parties and are you still in touch with them?
- What funny/fun/meaningful/challenging moments do you remember from volunteering on trail?
- What sorts of things happen on WTA work parties besides trail work?
- Why do you volunteer on trails? What does this work mean to you?