Trail Running Calendar Inspires, Benefits WTA
The 2013 Tribute for the Trails calendar features amazing photos of runners on local trails and dates for trail running events throughout the country. All proceeds from sales benefit Washington Trails Association, and, even better, the calendar comes with the chance of winning a race entry.
Need a gift for the trailrunners in your life (or for yourself)?
The 2013 Tribute to the Trails calendar features amazing photos of runners on local trails and dates for trail running events throughout the country. All proceeds from sales benefit Washington Trails Association, and, even better, the calendar comes with the chance of winning a race entry.
A project to support Washington's trails
Now in it's eighth year, the Tribute to the Trails Calendar Project is the brainchild of WTA member, photographer and runner, Glenn Tachiyama, and WTA's board president, Wendy Wheeler-Jacobs. Together, they produce the inspiring calendar to support WTA's work to protect and maintain trails.
Last year, the project raised more than $18,000 for WTA and trails. Glenn, Wendy, and all of you trail lovers out there, thank you!
Calendar comes with chance to win race entries
For the second year in a row, everyone who buys a calendar before a Jan. 6, 2013 (if they last that long) can enter to win one of 20 race entries. For each calendar you purchase, there is an entry form on the inside back cover of the calendar to fill out and send in.
The free race entries you could win include:
- Chuckanut 50K
- Cascade Crest 100 (2 entries)
- Rainshadow Running Event
- Defiance 50K
- Evergreen Trail Runs Event (2)
- Northwest Trail Runs Event (2)
- Hagg Lake 25/50K
- Leona Divide 50
- Ray Miller 50/50
- Bellingham Trail Marathon
- Bellingham Trail Run Series Event
- Capitol Peak 50M/55K
- Squamish 50
- Vashon 50K
- Guerilla Running Mountain Marathon (2)
- Miwok 100k (guaranteed entry only)
Get yours today before they sell out from local and online retail outlets (see list below). The drawing will be held on Jan. 6, 2013, so be sure to buy your calendars and send in the entries as soon as you can to be eligible for the drawings!
Where to get your calendar (online & in store):
Where to get your calendar (in stores):
- The Balanced Athlete / Renton, WA
- Everyday Athlete / Kirkland, WA
- Fairhaven Runners / Bellingham, WA
- Fit Right Northwest Running & Walking / Portland OR & Vancouver, WA
- Fleet Feet Sports Seattle / Seattle, WA
- Poulsbo Running / Poulsbo, WA
- Seven Hills Running Shop / Seattle, WA
- Rogue Valley Runners / Ashland, OR
- Fleet Feet Sports Bend / Bend, OR
- FootZone Bend / Bend, OR
Calendars are $20 at retail outlets and $23 (plus postage) online.
> Tribute to the Trails Calendar Project website