With the help of some incredible volunteers, WTA's Trailblazer free mobile app is available on iPhones and Android devices. With it, you can explore thousands of Washington's trails and the latest Trip Reports from your fellow hikers without being tethered to your computer.
Why did we create the app?
We believe that people will protect the places they love to hike, from local parks to remote wilderness. As the nation's largest state-based hiking nonprofit organization, we work to connect hikers to trail experiences in their backyard and across the state.
Download the free app
Download the app from the links below, or search for "Trailblazer" in the Apple, Google or Windows app stores.
Features of the Trailblazer app
From searching for hikes to scrolling through the latest Trip Reports, here are some of what you'll find when you connect with the WTA community on your phone.
- Search for trails by name, location or relative difficulty (measured by length of trail and elevation gain), and for family- and dog friendly hikes.
- Check the conditions on the trail with the latest trip reports from fellow hikers.
- View trail photos uploaded by fellow hikers.
- Bookmark your favorite hikes for quick access.
- Get driving directions to the trailhead.
- Link to NOAA's website to easily get current weather conditions and forecasts at the trailhead.
- Purchase the excellent Mountaineers Books Day Hiking guidebooks that have more details on these hikes right from the app.
Be sure review or rate the app, too.