Northwest Exposure - 2013
The submission deadline for the 2013 photo contest has passed. Be sure to look for the winners in the January / February issue of Washington Trails magazine.
Washington’s wilderness landscapes are extremely photogenic. Here’s your chance to show off your fantastic photos of hiking locations in Washington—and help WTA protect them.
Washington Trails Association’s 11th Annual Northwest Exposure Photo Contest focuses attention on the beauty found while out on Washington’s trails. You could win a Nikon camera and other great prizes.
Plus, winners will be featured in the January+February 2014 issue of Washington Trails magazine and WTA's 2014 calendar.
The 2013 Northwest Exposure categories are:
- Trailscapes - Photos should highlight a Washington landscape with a trail in the composition.
- Hikers in Action - Showcase hikers doing their thing - hiking. Compose a shot that features smiling hikers coming down the trail. Or capture a well-placed hiker in a photo can demonstrate scale in nature.
- Flora and Fauna - Share your best photo of a Washington native plant or animal found while out on trail—from marmots to moose, from beargrass to trilliums.
- Families on Trail - Generations (young and old) sharing the joy of hiking and camping.
- Offbeat Outdoors - Crazy, weird, or humorous photos taken on the trails of Washington state. This category will be judged in part by public voting online.
Thanks to our 2013 Northwest Exposure sponsors!