The 2022 Northwest Exposure Photo Contest is now closed. Check back in January to see the winning photos.
Northwest Exposure is WTA's annual photo contest that celebrates outdoor photography and the community of hikers that explore Washington's trails. The 2022 contest will run from August 17 to October 17 and features five categories. Winners in each category will receive incredible prizes from our sponsors and will also be featured online and in our annual calendar.
Northwest Exposure features five categories with prizes awarded for the top 3 photos in each category. A grand prize will also be awarded for the best overall photo. The 2022 categories are:
- Trailscapes: Winding trails and the incredible landscapes they take you through. Photos from your local park or green space are encouraged!
- Hikers in Action: In camp or on trail, capture the experience of people enjoying the outdoors.
- Trail Family: Show us the faces of the people you love to hike with.
- Flora and Fauna: Woods, wildflowers and all things four-legged and furry.
- Instagram: Show us how you hike by following @washingtontrails and using the tag #nwexposure2022. Photos must be uploaded to Instagram and tagged between August 17, 2022 and October 17, 2022 to be eligible to win prizes.
Looking for tips on capturing a winning shot? Check out this advice from photo contest judges.
You can also take a look at last year's winners here!
The 2022 contest is sponsored by: