The 2021 Northwest Exposure Photo Contest will open on August 17. Check back then to enter your photos!
Northwest Exposure is WTA's annual photo contest that celebrates outdoor photography and the community of hikers that explore Washington's trails. The 2021 contest will run from August 17 to October 18 and features five categories. Winners in each category will receive incredible prizes from our sponsors and will also be featured online and in our annual calendar.
Northwest Exposure features five categories with prizes awarded for the top 3 photos in each category. A grand prize will also be awarded for the best overall photo. The 2021 categories are:
- Trailscapes: Winding trails and the incredible landscapes they take you through. Photos from your local park or green space are encouraged!
- Hikers in Action: In camp or on trail, capture the experience of people enjoying the outdoors.
- Trail Family: Show us the faces of the people you love to hike with.
- Flora and Fauna: Woods, wildflowers and all things four-legged and furry. This category will be judged in part by public voting online.
- Instagram: Show us how you hike by following @washingtontrails and using the tag #nwexposure2021. Photos must be uploaded to Instagram and tagged between August 17, 2021 and October 18, 2021 to be eligible to win prizes.
Looking for tips on capturing a winning shot? Check out this advice from photo contest judges.
The 2021 contest is sponsored by: